SYLFF TOKYO FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP
The Tokyo Foundation's grant program consists of two areas: The SYLFF Fellowships and the SYLFF Leadership Initiative.
Through its SYLFF scholarship programme (The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund), the Tokyo Foundation supports excellent students from selected universities worldwide. Three annual scholarships are awarded in the amount of USD 16,666 each. The scholarship will be used to support living expenses.
The following departments have been selected for the academic year 2022/23:
- Performing Arts
- Film and Television
- Composition and Music Theory
- Artistic Doctorate (Dr. Artium Programme)
- Ongoing studies as a regular student in the entire relevant academic year 2022/23 at the mdw - University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna
- Aimed at diploma students in the 2nd stage (in the last 4 semesters before graduation), master's students, PhD students in the research phase as well as Dr.Artium students in the focus phase
- Outstanding qualification in the respective subject
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Letter of motivation (in English)
- Letter of recommendation from the main subject teacher (of outstanding qualification in the respective subject)
- Endorsement of the application by the head of the institute and a subject colleague with signature on the letter of recommendation in each case
- 1-page project concept* on a socially relevant and current topic (content, target group, budgeting (up to a maximum of 3000 euros)), which is directly related to the applicant's own artistic or research activity
*The preparation of the project concept is part of the mdw's internal selection procedure.
The projects of the nominated SYLFF Fellows are financed separately by a separate project grant from the mdw in the amount of max. EUR 3000.- (as the SYLFF grant may not be used to finance this project in the case of nomination).
Examples of projects from past years can be found here.
The submitted documents will be reviewed and evaluated by a jury of experts. The final decision on the nomination is made by the SYLFF Steering Committee of the mdw.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/23: 25.10.2022
Anna Kühleitner, BA
Office for International Programme Mobilities
T +43 1 711 55-7425