REGISTRATION AT THE MDW
1. Online Pre-Registration
- go online: online.mdw.ac.at
- click on "BasicAccount"
- confirm the registration E-Mail
- choose a password and complete registration
- click on "Entrance Exam Registration"
- under: "other" choose "UT990 -Attendance of Individual Courses"
- take note of your ID number, you will need it later!
- upload a passport photo
2. Personal Registration for major subject
Anton-von-Webern-Platz 1, A EG01, 1030 Wien
T +43 1 711 55-6922
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Erstzulassung Incoming" and enclose:
- Semestermeldung www.mdw.ac.at/upload/MDWeb/stab/downloads/Semestermeldung1.pdf
- a copy of your passport or personal ID
You will receive the bank transfer information for the payment of the Students’ Union fee, your PIN code for your mdwOnline account as well as instructionson how to get your student ID (mdw Card).
3. Pay the Students Union fee
Transfer your ÖH membership fee. Please be sure to fill out the payment reference field if using online banking. Your payment should reach the Studies Center within 2 to 3 business days.
Once your payment has been received, you can:
- Use your PIN to activate your mdwOnline account
- Use mdwOnline to print out your student record sheet (Studienblatt) and confirmation of enrolment. Please check both of these documents immediately and report any errors to the Studies Center
4. Activate your mdwCard
In the corridor next to Room BEG01, you’ll find a printer with a sign that reads "Activate your mdw-Card". You’ll also find such printers at our locations in Rennweg, Penzing, and Seilerstätte. Your mdwCard is now valid (until the expiration date indicated on the card).
5. Activate your Students Account
Your PIN lets you activate your account as follows:
- You have already enrolled, and you have paid your ÖH fee at least 2-3 days ago
- Go to online.mdw.ac.at
- Click on the "The PIN-code can be used here: Students"
- Fill out the following three fields from top to bottom, entering your PIN, matriculation number, and date of birth. Click the "Save" button when you’re done.
- You’ve now set up your mdwOnline account including your @students.mdw.ac.at mailbox and your personal data storage space on the mdw’s file server (for further information on IT services, see www.mdw.ac.at/zid/services)
6. Signing up for minor courses
Generally, students can register online as soon as the enrolment process has been completed (usually 2–3 days after the payment for the Students’ Union has been made). For (personal) assistance, please contact:
For other study fields
Please contact the secretary of the department.
Courselists for Incoming students
Courses not displayed in these lists might not be open for exchange students.