EMMA scholarships serve to financially support short-term mobilities for highly qualified students of the mdw that are not covered by the Erasmus+ program.
The focus is placed on mobilities that take place during the academic year in order to provide students with specific international experiences and study-related stays abroad that are not supported by any other scholarship or funding program.
EMMA IS FOR
- Participations in competitions
- Participation in international master classes
- Unpaid career-enhancing performance opportunities (concerts, festivals, etc.)
- Mobilities conducive to artistic career (auditions, auditions, etc.)
- Research stays (field research, active conference participation
- Mobilities of the duration of 5 to max. 14 days.
Scholarship rates are subject to country-specific scales; the award is made by VR 1. Nomination is made after review of the project and budgetary availability by VR 1. Furthermore, double funding is excluded.
- Upstanding studies
- Outstanding qualification in the central artistic subject
IS AIMED AT
Ordinary students of the
- artistic fields of study
- artistic-scientific master programs
- scientific-artistic master programs
- Bachelor study instrumental (vocal) pedagogy
- Master study instrumental (vocal) pedagogy
- Master study music and movement pedagogy/rhythmics
- Application form (incl. statement of travel and accommodation expenses)
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page each)
- Curriculum vitae (max. 1 page each)
- Letter of recommendation for the specific event from the main subject teacher, additionally an endorsement from the head of the institute as well as a specialist colleague (a short note on the letter of recommendation is sufficient)
- Copy of the sign-in sheet (Meldezettel)
- If available: Concert invitation/inquiry, competition invitation, workshop announcement/registration, etc
- Final report (after the mobility)
- Invoices/receipts and bank confirmation
Submission is possible at any time. In principle, the award is made twice a year (end of October and end of March).
All required documents are to be sent by email to email@example.com .
Office for International Programme Mobilities
+43 (1) 71155 - 7424