Reach higher, reach beyond.
Mentoring programme for pre- and postdocs at the mdw (women, inter* and non-binary persons)
The mdw invites nine pre- and postdoc researchers to participate in mentoring programme that aims to support women, inter* and non-binary persons in the development of their personal careers. In light of the fact that academic life continues to be characterised by structural gender inequalities that can be seen in the underrepresentation of women, inter* and non-binary persons as professors, this programme is designed as a concrete measure to help counteract such unequal treatment over the course of one’s academic career.
What is the mdw mentoring programme?
This mdw mentoring programme is a several-month career development programme for researchers at the mdw – University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna that aims to provide support to women, inter* and non-binary individuals in the strategic planning of their academic careers.
The programme is built upon the following elements:
- It makes available the expertise of mentors who are renowned in the international art-university context to small groups of three mentees each.
- It encourages networking and peer mentoring as central programme elements.
- It views the promotion of women in the context of diversity and intersectionality.
This mdw mentoring programme makes it possible to …
- identify career-relevant factors
- develop strategies for one’s professional career path as an academic
- plan concrete next steps in one’s career
- establish and develop contacts and academic networks
- critically discuss overall structural conditions and one’s positioning therein
- analyse mechanisms of power as well as gender relations in academic life and join forces to point out strategies of action
- acquire skills for the realisation of one’s professional goals
Duration: March 2023 – December 2023
The programme is conducted in German, applications in English are welcome.
Application deadline: 12 December 2022
For further information about the application procedure, please go to:
A programme within the framework of the mdw Diversity Strategy, initiated by the Administrative Department for Equality, Gender Studies & Diversity in cooperation with the Office of Research Support and the Center for Further Education.