2nd International Conference of Dalcroze Studies
"The movement connection"(26 - 29 July 2015)
Following the successful and widely praised inaugural conference at Coventry University in 2013, we are pleased to announce that the 2015 host is the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (mdw), Austria.
2015 is an important year for the field of Dalcroze Studies. It is the 150th anniversary of Jaques-Dalcroze’s birth in the city of Vienna. Other celebrations include the centenaries of the Institut Jaques-Dalcroze, Geneva and Dalcroze UK (formerly the Dalcroze Society UK).
However, the aims of the conference look beyond these particular events and organisations:
- To present the best of current research and practice within Dalcroze Studies and related fields worldwide, especially – this year – research into music and movement relationships in music, dance, somatic practices, theatre and therapy
- To develop interdisciplinary research into Dalcroze Eurhythmics and related fields
- To develop Dalcroze practice, and that in related fields, through research
- To promote contact and understanding between different disciplines, including different traditions of Dalcroze practice and Dalcroze-related practice
Keynote speakers (confirmed):
- Professor Dr Eckart Altenmüller, Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover, Germany
- Dr Gunhild Oberzaucher-Schüller, dance historian
Dr Marja-Leena Juntunen, Sibelius Academy, Helsinki, Finland
Prof. Sally Ann Ness, University of California Riverside, California, USA
We also proudly present:
- Professor Eleonore Witoszynskyj (University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Austria) in conversation with Dalcroze Diplômé Paul Hille
And Hilde Kappes as our guest artist
Delegate fee: €190
Early-bird delegate fee: €160 (pay before 14 April 2015 to get this discount)
(Fee includes refreshments, light lunch and conference materials)
+ €17 if you want to join the excursion to Laxenburg (click here for more Information)
Delegate places limited to 200!