12th SAR International Conference on Artistic Research
7 to 9 April 2021
Hosted by mdw – University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna in cooperation with the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna and the University of Applied Arts Vienna.
The 12th SAR International Conference on Artistic Research will invite submissions that relate to three attractors care, dare, and share. It will be the first SAR conference organized as a live online event. We are calling for artistic researchers to present their work, processes, methods, discoveries, knowledge interventions, new insights, understandings, and to engage in exchange – in actions and words, complex and simple, by conventional and unconventional, robust, and fragile means.
- Conference will be hosted as a live online event: from 7th to 9th April 2021.
- Deadline for submissions via the Research Catalogue (RC): 30th Sept 2020.
- Deadline for registering as full users at the RC: Ten days earlier – 20th Sept 2020.
We encourage original contributions that take on the challenge of bringing liveness to this mediated online event. Each contribution shall receive ample discussion time (in real time via video conference).
We will support the following presentation formats:
- Presentation using preproduced material, which will be “presented” and integrated in an interactive online conference
- Streamed live-performances/demonstrations