Thank you for your submissions! The abstracts are currently being reviewed.
We will get back to you as soon as this process is finished.
Guidelines for abstract submission
The Conference of the Fachverband Kulturmanagement uses double-blind review. This means that both the reviewers’ and presenters’ identities are concealed throughout the review process.
Presenters need to ensure that their abstracts are prepared in a way that does not show their identity. Please ensure the following when submitting to the Conference of the Fachverband Kulturmanagement:
1) the title page containing all presenter details and
2) the blinded abstract with no presenter details
as two separate files to ArtsAndCitizenship@mdw.ac.at.
Preparation of the title page (file 1)
- This file should include the title, name(s) and affiliation(s) of the presenter(s), and a complete address including e-mail address of the corresponding presenter.
- It should further contain a brief biography and indicate the format of the presentation (individual presentation, panel discussion, workshop, other).
- Please also state whether you would like to mark your contribution as an academic or practitioner paper.
Preparation of the blinded abstract (file 2)
Besides the obvious need to remove names and affiliations (including logos of institutions) under the title within the abstract, there are other steps that need to be taken to ensure the abstract is correctly prepared for double-blind peer review. Key items that need to be observed are as follows:
- Use the third person to refer to work the presenters have previously undertaken, e.g., replace any phrases like "as we have shown before" with "… has been shown before [Anonymous, 2007]".
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite papers published by the presenter in the text as follows: "[Anonymous, 2007]".
- For blinding in the reference list: "[Anonymous 2007] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing."
- Remove references to funding sources.
- Do not include acknowledgments.
- Remove any identifying information, including author(s) name(s), from file names and ensure document properties are also anonymized.